Mailscanner 4.79-11-1 for CentOS (5.5 x64) ignoring filename rules?

Alex Crow alex at nanogherkin.com
Fri Aug 6 07:40:36 IST 2010

> Sorry if I'm being blind to something in the docs or FAQs but this
> does look like a change in behaviour.
>
> Alex

Just realised what has happened. I looked again at the files on the old
machine and found a backup file. A colleague had recently changed the
rules on the debian box to allow xml stuff inside zip and those double
extensions - a la MS Office and OO.org. The copy was old enough that it
wasn't in the default files. Looking at the date of modification, what
do I see in my "bad filename" inbox for that date? A sudden drop of in
notifications. The same rules are now in the supplied rules.

And having thought about html.txt, thats a poor example as html is
allowed anyway, and sticking .txt on the end would be counterproductive
to a hacker.

Apologies for wasting your time!

Alex