New beta release 4.81.2

Thomas Lohman thomasl at mtl.mit.edu
Tue Aug 3 16:53:42 IST 2010

> Given the trauma I incurred during that time and seeing the "file"
> command related fixes in this release, I don't know how they will
> affect the configurations that were painstakingly borne from the
> fiery tempers of my users and especially the impatience of my higher
> ups.

Peter, given that, I'd highly recommend setting up a testing server
where you can send a "shadow copy" of all your production e-mail in
order to run it through the new version and see how things behave.  This
is what I do here and allows me to run a new version with production
data but without having to touch the production server until I'm ready
to deploy.  This type of set up may alleviate some of your concerns
about upgrading to newer versions.  But I do know where you are coming
from - if it ain't broke, don't fix it, as they say.

cheers,

--tom