reducing memory used by Mailscanner (Eduardo Casarero)

Kai Schaetzl maillists at conactive.com
Thu Apr 22 09:31:15 IST 2010

Bryan Guest wrote on Wed, 21 Apr 2010 11:13:23 -0400:

> If I use this package, how do I convert to clamd?  I mean, I can find the
> option in MailScanner.conf, but what I am asking is does the Clamav-sa
> package actually install a functional clamd?

Remove that package. Then install clamav from the rpmforge repo. That should
be working on your Red Hat system as well. If you do not want to use SA
(which I don't understand, but alas), there's no point to install it. After
this you may need to set the clamd socket to the same that MS uses. Then
start the clamd service. That's all.

As for your basic problem. Youa re using different software versions. That
*can* make a difference. Also, using 32bit/64bit makes a difference. The
only thing you said about the system is ESv4. That's not much. Isn't that
bound to reach EOL soon, anyway?

Kai