List Caching

Nick Brown nick at inticon.net.au
Sun Apr 11 07:47:15 IST 2010

Afternoon All,

I am wanting to get some clarification on how Mailscanner handles the White
/ Black lists in terms of caching. We have been using the Mailwatch
SQLBlacklist perl script for years without issue however trying to currently
diagnose a problem, can anyone let me know at what point the white / black
lists are loaded?

I always assumed the 'custom function' was run per message, however now I'm
guessing its per batch. Our issue suggests that its taking longer than this.
I have asked a colleague to give me some query logging which should also
shed some light on it.

Cheers

Nick.