ClamAv 0.96 is out

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Thu Apr 8 20:49:19 IST 2010

on 4-8-2010 12:31 PM Kai Schaetzl spake the following:
> Scott Silva wrote on Mon, 05 Apr 2010 16:33:25 -0700:
>
>> Changed
>> incoming work user to clamav and changed incoming work group to blank...
>
> Thanks for the suggestion, but this doesn't work for me. I changed to user
> = clamav and then also removed the group as you did.
>
> The result of that (in both cases) is that the owner of the directory is
> now postfix and the error already happens in MS.
>
> Error in tempdir() using MSlintXXXXXX: Parent directory (.) is not
> writable
>  at /usr/lib/MailScanner/MailScanner/MessageBatch.pm line 1211
>
> As I said I think there is something wrong about the group ownership or
> permissions only in the lint code that wasn't a problem before 0.96 but
> now is. Maybe clamav used ftstat before which doesn't need execute
> permission.
>
> Kai

I guess I should have been more specific. I am using sendmail. Maybe Julian
will see this thread when he is free and something will pop in his head. I am
also having some problems with the new spamassassin, but I downgraded, as I
don't have time to deal with that right now.