ClamAv 0.96 is out

Kai Schaetzl maillists at conactive.com
Thu Apr 8 20:31:18 IST 2010

Scott Silva wrote on Mon, 05 Apr 2010 16:33:25 -0700:

> Changed
> incoming work user to clamav and changed incoming work group to blank...

Thanks for the suggestion, but this doesn't work for me. I changed to user
= clamav and then also removed the group as you did.

The result of that (in both cases) is that the owner of the directory is
now postfix and the error already happens in MS.

Error in tempdir() using MSlintXXXXXX: Parent directory (.) is not
writable
 at /usr/lib/MailScanner/MailScanner/MessageBatch.pm line 1211

As I said I think there is something wrong about the group ownership or
permissions only in the lint code that wasn't a problem before 0.96 but
now is. Maybe clamav used ftstat before which doesn't need execute
permission.

Kai