CentOS perl issues

Marc Lucke marc at marcsnet.com
Wed Apr 7 19:08:40 IST 2010

I like to use rpmforge because of updated (from CentOS5 repos)
spamassassin and clamav and am quite happy to update manually.  With the
repo turned off this works:

yum --enablerepo=rpmforge -y install clamav spamassassin

Of course you need to update the perl module with something like

cpan Mail::SpamAssassin && sa-update

There's probably a way to tell yum to update only these packages from
rpmforge automatically but I have bothered with that.  It does annoy me
that the rpmforge and centos repos clash on perl but meh - what can you
do and would you bother?

Marc