ClamAv 0.96 is out

Iulian L Dragomir iulianld at gmail.com
Fri Apr 2 09:31:31 IST 2010

>> Other Checks: Found 1 problems
>> Virus and Content Scanning: Starting
>> Clamd::ERROR:: UNKNOWN CLAMD RETURN ./MSlintdwYGUC/lstat() failed:
>> Permission denied. ERROR :: /var/spool/MailScanner/incoming/17633
>

> Does clamd drop privileges? If so does the clamd User have sufficient
> permissions on /var/spool/MailScanner/incoming? Did you previously
> comment out "User clamav" in clamd.conf and forget that change?

Same permission problem. Running on Centos 5.4; MailScanner version
4.79.11; Perl version 5.008008 (5.8.8); calmav/clamd 0.96-1.el5.rf
I have tried with

"Incoming Work Group = clamav"
"Incoming Work Permissions = 0640"

in MailScaneer.conf but the error is still there.

I obtained better results modifying clamd.conf

"User root"

I'm not happy with this but at list is working. If someone have an
better alternative please give me at list an hint.

Iulian L.D.