Whitelist Issue

Phil Udel Phil.Udel at SalemCorp.com
Wed Sep 23 14:14:18 IST 2009

Phil Udel wrote:
> Well... That's my point. It should have been handled by the
> "High-Scoring Spam Actions" but is was not, it was whitelisted instead.

>My bet would be you have put something like this in the whitelist:

>FromOrTo:  att.blackberry.net    OK

>or

>FromOrTo:  xxxx at salemcorp.net  OK

>Remember - if you have multiple recipients in a message and one of them
whitelists; then MailScanner will whitelist >for all.  That, and you need to
be very specific with white/black entries - FromOrTo: for a recipient
address or >>>domain should be considered dangerous....

Ya. I thought the same thing. I have no FromOrTo Only From's.  I checked
again today and found another.
BTW I XXX out the Names

From: "Roxie Yang" <caviledb at researchtalk.com>
To: <XXX.XXX at salemcorp.com>
Subject: Cheap designer watches have appeared on the market.
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2009 17:29:09 -0300

Spam:  N   Action(s): deliver, header, "X-SalemCorp-Spam-Status:, No"
High Scoring Spam:  N
SpamAssassin Spam:  N
Listed in RBL:  N
Spam Whitelisted:  Y
Spam Blacklisted:  N
SpamAssassin Autolearn:  Y  (spam)
SpamAssassin Score: 22.86

Neither the Domain or the  IP are in the Whitelist.  I should say that this
happens maybe once out of every 500 correct whitelisting's and it seems to
be the same Domains but different IP's.  I can make my WL Available but not
on a Open List.  And it