MailScanner --lint Question

Mike Wallace mike at mlrw.com
Mon Sep 21 04:21:20 IST 2009

I have an existing MailScanner box running 4.77.10 and when I run
MailScanner --lint is get the following for virus checking:

MailScanner.conf says "Virus Scanners = clamd"
Found these virus scanners installed: clamd
=
=
=
Filename Checks: Windows/DOS Executable (1 eicar.com)
Other Checks: Found 1 problems
Virus and Content Scanning: Starting
Clamd::INFECTED:: Eicar-Test-Signature :: ./1/
Clamd::INFECTED:: Eicar-Test-Signature :: ./1/eicar.com
Virus Scanning: Clamd found 2 infections
Infected message 1 came from 10.1.1.1
Virus Scanning: Found 2 viruses
=
=
=

On a new box running 4.78.15 I get the following:

MailScanner.conf says "Virus Scanners = clamd"
Found these virus scanners installed: clamd
=
=
=
Filename Checks: Windows/DOS Executable (1 eicar.com)
Other Checks: Found 1 problems
Virus and Content Scanning: Starting
Clamd::INFECTED:: Eicar-Test-Signature :: ./1/eicar.com
Virus Scanning: Clamd found 1 infections
Infected message 1 came from 10.1.1.1
Virus Scanning: Found 1 viruses
=
=
=

Both boxes are identical hardware running CentOS 5.3 with clam
installed from rpmforge.

Which one is correct? Or are both correct and don't worry about the
difference?

Thanks.

Mike