spamtrap address

Desai, Jason jase at sensis.com
Thu Sep 17 03:39:07 IST 2009

Or:

1. Public folders on exchange shared out to all users, and available via
IMAP - one to train as spam, and one to train as ham.
2. Archive all messages
3. Write script to periodically check the shared folder via IMAP from
the mailscanner box.
4.  For each message found, pull parse out the message id and date.  Use
the message id / date to find the location to the original message in
the archive, and send to sa-learn as needed.

This way, users can dump messages into a public folder, but you don't
have to worry about exchange (or forwarding / bouncing) making changes
to the original email.

that
> I cant just have a straight forward go to a spam learn as it would
> probably learn that all forwarded messages are spam as well..
>

> 	I have an address which is aliased to a pipe as follows
>
> 	SpamReport: "|/usr/bin/spamc -u postfix -L spam || true"
>
> 	but I don't publicise it for exactly the above reason. One needs
> a MUA
> 	that can redirect/resend/bounce the message without change, and
> don't
> 	trust my users to have that ability or to use it correctly if
> they do.
>
> 	I have thought about it some, and I think you need to archive
all
> mail
> 	and then add a footer something like
>
> 	 Help train the spam filter

> 	Where those 'reports' are links that will notify some process
> that
> 	this message's queue ID is spam or ham, and have that process
> call
> 	spamc or sa-learn.

-
This message is intended only for the addressee and may contain information that is company confidential or privileged.  Any technical data in this message may be exported only in accordance with the U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (22 CFR Parts 120-130) or the Export Administration Regulations (15 CFR Parts 730-774). Unauthorized use is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not the intended recipient, or the person responsible for delivering to the intended recipient, you should not read, copy, disclose or otherwise use this message. If you have received this email in error, please delete it, and advise the sender immediately.
-