spamtrap address

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Wed Sep 16 15:28:28 IST 2009

On Tue, Sep 15, 2009 at 05:48:15PM -0400, Gavin Silver wrote:
> I think I have just answered my one question which is that I cant just have a straight forward go to a spam learn as it would probably learn that all forwarded messages are spam as well..

I have an address which is aliased to a pipe as follows

SpamReport: "|/usr/bin/spamc -u postfix -L spam || true"

but I don't publicise it for exactly the above reason. One needs a MUA
that can redirect/resend/bounce the message without change, and I don't
trust my users to have that ability or to use it correctly if they do.

I have thought about it some, and I think you need to archive all mail
and then add a footer something like

  Help train the spam filter

Where those 'reports' are links that will notify some process that
this message's queue ID is spam or ham, and have that process call
spamc or sa-learn.

--
Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro net       The highway is for gamblers,