The amazing case of the missing .spamassassin directory

Mauricio Tavares raubvogel at gmail.com
Wed Sep 9 16:33:22 IST 2009

Jules Field wrote:
> MailScanner will run as the "Run As User" and "Run As Group" you have
> set in MailScanner.conf, which should be "postfix". So you need to
> ensure that its home directory (/var/spool/postfix in your case) is
> writeable by the postfix user, and you will need to do all the sa-learn
> commands as the postfix user as well.

	I think you found the problem:

root:/etc/MailScanner# ls -ld /var/spool/postfix
drwxr-xr-x 19 root root 4096 2008-12-03 10:01 /var/spool/postfix
root:/etc/MailScanner#

What would be the best way to address this issue? Make postfix:postfix
own the directory or have postfix be the group and then make it group
writable?