Betr.: Re: Notice to ruleset not being read - MS 4.78.15-1

Amelein at dantumadiel.eu Amelein at dantumadiel.eu
Tue Sep 8 15:46:40 IST 2009

>>> Op 8-9-2009 om 16:24 is door Julian Field <MailScanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk> geschreven:

That is not from MailScanner itself, but from the hourly cron job which
calls /usr/sbin/processing_messages_alert. You are quite correct that
this script is incapable of handling rulesets.
I'm not overly convinced that is worth fixing as it's quite a lot of
work for a tiny gain.
The easy thing would be to just default to the "localpostmaster" setting
if it finds a ruleset. That would probably be better than the current
situation.

Try the attached (compresssed) script instead of
/usr/sbin/processing_messages_alert.
Remember to make it executable! ("chmod +x

On 08/09/2009 15:06, Amelein at dantumadiel.eu wrote:
> Just got another mail which it tried to send to filename at fqdn
> <mailto:filename at fqdn>
> the contents of the message is:
> --
> Archive:
> Number of messages: 1
> Tries Message Last Tried
> ===== ======= ==========
> 6 5210725B3.AC562 Tue Sep  8 12:15:58 2009
> --
> MailScanner
> --
> If I remember correctly this  message triggered a crash loop
> protection earlier because of a configuration error I hadn't
> discovered till putting the server into the actual e-mail stream, I
> had forgotten to update the language conf and it was looking for
> something which wasn't in there.
> -
> Arjan

Jules

--
Julian Field MEng CITP CEng

Need help customising MailScanner?
Contact me!
Contact me!
Contact me!

Follow me at twitter.com/JulesFM and twitter.com/MailScanner

believed to be clean.

No go on that, same mails .. so I just hardcoded the e-mail addresses in the file to be done with it.
That just leaves the question on when it will stop reporting that problem mail :-)

-
Arjan