image spam again :)

Mog lists at elasticmind.net
Fri Sep 4 11:59:04 IST 2009

Richard Mealing wrote:

> Hi Martin,
>
> Thanks for this, sorry if I’m being stupid, but I’m using freebsd and
> I’ve updated my port tree, however I don’t see the latest version in
> there –
>
> less distinfo
>
> MD5 (MailScanner-install-4.60.5-1.tar.gz) =
> cf1e87131f90ff7f43e1f4c1d787a245
>
> SHA256 (MailScanner-install-4.60.5-1.tar.gz) =
> 1ec3fd536e05f5da0b1551cc57664bb4379e049e8243e0ed112e33325c53b994
>
> SIZE (MailScanner-install-4.60.5-1.tar.gz) = 7704758
>
> Can this be updated?
>
> Rich

Indeed, the MailScanner port is getting a little out of date again. Yes
it should be periodically updated, but unfortunately the maintainer of
the MailScanner port is AWOL and doesn't respond to emails, meaning that
the MailScanner port is currently not being maintained.

Maintaining FreeBSD ports requires a basic working knowledge of the
ports system and the program in question (MailScanner in this case), and
of course, the free time necessary to update and check the port works
before submitting a patch to the committers. Sadly, as of yet, no one
with the free time/skills has volunteered to help with this.