Filling up logfile (Solved)

Joakim Cefalk joakim at cefalk.com
Thu Sep 3 06:37:00 IST 2009

MailScanner --lint gives me this output.

/Trying to setlogsock(unix)
Can't call method "close" on an undefined value at
/opt/MailScanner/bin/mailscanner_create_locks line 47.
Error: Attempt to create locks in /var/spool/MailScanner/incoming/Locks
failed!
Read 854 hostnames from the phishing whitelist
Read 10457 hostnames from the phishing blacklists
Checking version numbers...
Version number in MailScanner.conf (4.77.10) is correct.

Unrar is not installed, it should be in /usr/bin/unrar.
This is required for RAR archives to be read to check
filenames and filetypes. Virus scanning is not affected.

ERROR: The "envelope_sender_header" in your spam.assassin.prefs.conf
ERROR: is not correct, it should match X-linux-MailScanner-From

Cannot create temporary Work Dir /var/spool/MailScanner/incoming/26432.
Are the permissions and ownership of /var/spool/MailScanner/incoming
correct? at /opt/MailScanner/lib/MailScanner/WorkArea.pm line 151/

My solution was to add /"envelope_sender_header
//X-linux-MailScanner-From" /to my spamassassin.prefs.conf

Thanks for the help.