Multiple MailScanner instances (DEBIAN)

Markus Nilsson markus at markusoft.se
Fri Oct 30 12:39:14 GMT 2009

Hi,

I would like to be able to have two (or more) different MailScanner
instances running on the same system; they will work with seperate incoming
and work dirs; and have different rules and settings.

I guess I need to change the pid-file location in the conf-file, and create
multiple start-stop-scripts to be able to start and stop them independently.
Beside multiple configuration files with seperate working folders, are there
any other things I need to keep in mind? Is it possible to have multiple
instances working on different folders at the same time, or will this
somehow screw-up MailScanner's internals?

BR
Markus Nilsson