header to use in spam.whitelist.rules

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Wed Oct 28 10:43:29 GMT 2009

2009/10/27 matteo filippetto <matteo.filippetto at gmail.com>:
> Hi all,
>
> I would like to use spam.whitelist.rules with other header filed such
> as X-Mailer.
>
> Is it possible?
>
> Thank you, regards.

Not as such... You can't use the spam.whitelist.rules file directly,
instead you'd need build something similar around the SA rule hit
actions (IIRC).
That is, make a spamassassin rule with a very small score, that will
hit on the header you are interested in using... Then change
SpamAssassin Rule Actions to do what you want with it (See
http://www.mailscanner.info/MailScanner.conf.index.html#SpamAssassin%20Rule%20Actions)...
You can make that into a ruleset, but unless you need different
behaviour depending on envelope sender/recipient, I see no need for
that.

Cheers
--
-- Glenn