SOLVED in 7.2: Perl problems on FreeBSD (again)

Mog lists at elasticmind.net
Mon Oct 26 18:45:00 GMT 2009

Hi Jose,

Thanks for your input on this. I will give your method a try on 6.4
tonight to see if it works. What has me confused about this though, is
that it just doesn't make sense...

This has happened before with 5.8.x and moving to 5.10.0 solved it, so
what is different between 5.10.0 and 5.10.1?

If it's just a problem with the upgrade process. Why doesn't deleting
perl, mailscanner and all the perl ports, and then reinstalling them
with the updated perl (5.10.1), make the problem go away?

People on the list say they have done fresh installs (so no upgrading at
all), but they still have the same perl errors everyone else is
experiencing after an upgrade. Again, if it's just a problem with the
upgrade process, why does this happen?

Obviously I don't expect you personally to have the answers to any of
these, but I'm hoping someone might be able to shed some light on them
at least. Like I said, it just doesn't make sense. There has to be
something specific that is actually causing this problem for everyone
using MailScanner on FreeBSD that essentially cripples a mail server
until the errors can be resolved, hopefully we can eventually figure it out.

Regards,
mog