MailScanner --lint and spamassassin error

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Mon Oct 26 16:07:24 GMT 2009

2009/10/26 Garrod Alwood <admin at lorodoes.com>:
> I have set the %org-name% inside of MailScanner, but for some reason it is
> having a very difficult time reading from the spam.assassin.perfs.conf
> file. It's like it's pulling the information from incorrect file.

The spam.assassin.prefs.conf file is actually read into SA by way of a
symbolic link (/etc/mail/spamassassin/mailscanner.cf). If you lack
that link, SA will never see your changes. If it is missing, simply
create it by way of:
# ln -s /etc/MailScanner/spam.assassin.prefs.conf
/etc/mail/spamassassin/mailscanner.cf

Further, you might have more .cf files in /etc/mail/spamassassin that
override what you set in mailscanner.cf (a.k.a.
spam.assassin.prefs.conf). The parsing is done in collation order, so
given for example:
# ls /etc/mail/spamassassin/*.cf
/etc/mail/spamassassin/crm114.cf
/etc/mail/spamassassin/diverse.cf
/etc/mail/spamassassin/german.cf
/etc/mail/spamassassin/german_sober_body.cf
/etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf
/etc/mail/spamassassin/mailscanner.cf@
/etc/mail/spamassassin/prolo.cf
... setting "overrides" in prolo.cf would make things ... bad:-). I
think I don't need spell out the solution, if this is the case;-):-)

Cheers
--
-- Glenn