Help with Disarming

Ralph Bornefeld-Ettmann ilikeuce at bornefeld-ettmann.de
Tue Oct 20 12:18:52 IST 2009

MailAdmin schrieb:
> I have electronic flight tickets from expedia coming through MailScanner and looking something from a programmers journal, loads of code of some form.
>
> What option stops this from being disarmed? And is it possible to use a rules set and manage this by from Domain, ie. From: support.expedia.co.uk And To: clientdomain
>
> Thanks
>

> This e-mail is intended solely for the addressee(s) and is strictly confidential. The unauthorised use, disclosure or copying of this e-mail, or any information it contains is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify us immediately and then permanently delete it. Although Midland Internet & Computer Solutions make every effort to keep our systems free from viruses you should check this e-mail and any attachments to it for viruses as we cannot accept any liability for viruses inadvertently transmitted by use.

Hi,

there are some options in MailScanner that can disarm.

you can define a ruleset :

/etc/MailScanner/rules/dangerous_html.rules:

From: 		*support.expedia.co.uk		no
FromOrTo	default				yes

/etc/MailScanner/MailScanner.conf:
Convert Dangerous HTML To Text = %rules-dir%/dangerous_html.rules

This could also apply to
- Convert HTML To Text
- Allow Form Tags (here you have to switch yes and no!!)

or you switch of all content scanning by using this rule for
Dangerous Content Scanning

this aould also prevent MailScanner from disarming iFrames (what would
not be the best idea although it would only be for expedia, but From:
can be forged!).

cheers
Ralph