.mat - Matlab v Microsoft Access Shortcut

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Wed Oct 14 22:20:40 IST 2009

2009/10/14 Robert Lopez <rlopezcnm at gmail.com>:
> Is there a way to allow the block of .mat files except if they are Matlab files?

Yes, simply change the rule in filenames.rules.conf ... make it allow,
or comment it out.
The downside is that you'll allow the access shortcut thing.

My users have a tendency to want this too, from time to time, but...
it usually turns out it isn't for strictly business related stuff:-).
So far, I haven't budged:-).
Since the MatLab files are text (source code), they could just rename
them, to circumvent the problem.

Cheers
--
-- Glenn