Avira Antivir Update (V2 -> V3) and Mailscanner

Götz Reinicke - IT-Koordinator goetz.reinicke at filmakademie.de
Wed Oct 14 15:37:08 IST 2009

Hi,

recently I installed the update of the CLI scanner from avira.

The scanner is named "avscan" (Version 3.x) now and not "antivir"
(Version 2.x) anymore.

Are there any updates to the virus.scanners.conf regarding this update?

I've tried to add and create some config files by myselve, but this did
not work.

I created a "antivir-V3-wrapper" file, set

antivir-V3 /usr/lib/MailScanner/antivir-V3-wrapper /usr/lib/AntiVir

in /etc/MailScanner/virus.scanners.conf and changed the main mailscaner
config file changing antivir to antivir-V3.

Mailscanner than reported there is no antivir-V3. I than renamed
antivir-V3 to antivir in the configs. No error, but also no virus scanning.

Any hints or suggestions?

Regards,

	Götz
--
Götz Reinicke
IT-Koordinator

Tel. +49 7141 969 420
Fax  +49 7141 969 55 420
E-Mail goetz.reinicke at filmakademie.de

Filmakademie Baden-Württemberg GmbH
Akademiehof 10
71638 Ludwigsburg
www.filmakademie.de

Eintragung Amtsgericht Stuttgart HRB 205016
Vorsitzende des Aufsichtsrats:
Prof. Dr. Claudia Hübner
Staatsrätin für Demographischen Wandel und für Senioren im Staatsministerium

Geschäftsführer:
Prof. Thomas Schadt