Got a real nightmare on my hands installing the newest

Steve Campbell campbell at cnpapers.com
Tue Oct 13 15:40:17 IST 2009

Dimitri Yioulos wrote:

> I, too, am still using CentOS 3 as my mail server
> platform, and I, too, ran into the problems you
> describe.  I'm running the same perl version as
> you, as well.  IIRC, I updated all of the perl
> modules that MS uses (from Dag repository), then
> installed MS from the RPM itself.  It worked/is
> still working great.
>
> HTH.
>
> Dimitri

Dimitri,

How did you get around the Perl 5.8.1 dependency of some of the modules?
Doesn't it still complain and fail even with the non-Dag stuff? I have
the rpmforge repo on this system. Is Dag and rpmforge still the same?
Think I'll try your way another day.

I got my system back by running an older version upgrade, then moving
back to the version I started with. Seems that older versions didn't
remove things, and if the new perl module failed, it could still work
OK, but the newer install tends to remove things first. If that hadn't
worked, I was going to do a restore of the entire server from last week.
I'm still a little worried I might not have something that's not just right.

Thanks for the info.

steve