Got a real nightmare on my hands installing the newest

Steve Campbell campbell at cnpapers.com
Mon Oct 12 20:34:03 IST 2009

I just tried updating MS on a Centos 3 box. Seems like a lot of the perl
modules need perl-5.8.1, while the latest perl for Centos 3 is only
5.8.0-94, so a lot of stuff failed, along with MS.

I started installing what was needed with rpmbuild, but got into the
dependency circle, so I tried going back a to MS 4.72. Now a lot of the
modules were deleted by the new stuff and I'm not sure that they weren't
just ignored in the 4.72 install.

Anyone got a suggestion for me who has done the Centos 3 install?

Thanks

steve campbell