MailScanner install.sh script - reminders

donald.dawson at bakerbotts.com donald.dawson at bakerbotts.com
Wed Oct 7 15:47:02 IST 2009

I have a suggestion to /usr/sbin/update_spamassassin - consider
commenting out line 32 (rm -f $LOGFILE) to allow viewing of the
/tmp/update_spamassassin.MMDD file.  It's useful to review the file for
errors.

For the install.sh script, please consider adding code to let the user
know of all rpmnew files.  We have a custom /etc/sysconfig/MailScanner
file where we list the spam channels we get updates from:

29,30c29
< #SAUPDATEARGS=""
< SAUPDATEARGS="-D --gpgkeyfile
/etc/mail/spamassassin/sare-sa-update-gpgkeys.txt --channelfile
/etc/mail/spamassassin/sare-sa-update-channels.txt"

There were a lot of changes in /etc/sysconfig/MailScanner - WORKDIR,
INQDIR,  QUARDIR, RUNAS...

Could there be a custom file for the SAUPDATEARGS variable so we didn't
have to modify the delivered /etc/sysconfig/MailScanner file?

Thanks,
Donald

Donald Dawson
Security Administrator