My salesmen are driving me to drink

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Tue Oct 6 00:16:37 IST 2009

2009/10/5 DAve <dave.list at pixelhammer.com>:
> David Nalley wrote:
>>
>> On Mon, Oct 5, 2009 at 4:18 PM, DAve <dave.list at pixelhammer.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> So I get a quote today that says we *already* sold "Email Redundancy" to
>>> client.
>>>
>>> The PHBs, uh salesmen, want me to to configure our MailScanner boxes to
>>> send
>>> one copy of a message to the client's exchange server and another to our
>>> pop
>>> toasters.
>>>
>>> I already setup MailArchiva and have no idea why they did not quote that
>>> as
>>> a solution. I explained that they would need a separate delivery domain
>>> copy the message to and I would have to keep a rules file with every user
>>> in
>>> it to accomplish this. They do not understand.
>>>
>>> Other than using MailArchiva and copying per domain, is there anything
>>> other
>>> than
>>>
>>> usera at domain.com copy usera at extra-domain.com
>>>
>>> That I can do with MailScanner to accomplish this?
>>>
>>> Thanks (reaching for a bottle)
>>>
>>> DAve
(snip)

>> There is a sendmail milter that does this iirc (but I am a postfix
>> user, so I don't recall specifics)
>
> can't do the milter, I need to run the messages through MailScanner first.
>
> DAve

Route them through a second line (depending on volume (for that
clien/those clients) that basically just do the milter thing?! Should
be some transport magic (whatever the sendmailequivalent is
called:-):-). Should be workable, since you'd do that on a per domain
asis, likely.

Cheers
--
-- Glenn