High DCC_CHECK hits on Spanish and Japanese email

Dave Jones davejones70 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 2 13:16:35 IST 2009

Is anyone else seeing higher than normal hits on DCC_CHECK with
extended character emails?

I have tried to disable DCC checks for internal email servers to
prevent blocking of these valid emails routed via internal WAN
connections but the whiteclnt settings do not appear to be working:

/var/dcc/whiteclnt
-----------------------------
# List statically allocated IP addresses that you trust to never send
#   or forward unsolicited bulk email
ok      ip      135.42.204.0/24
ok      ip      135.42.206.0/24
ok      ip      10.0.0.0/8
ok      ip      172.0.0.0/8

How can I make sure that SA is launching DCC so that it is actually
using /var/dcc/whitecnt?  I want to make sure that I am using the
proper whiteclnt file location.

The emails that are being blocked originate internally so they
shouldn't have DCC_CHECK hits at all, correct?  I don't want to waste
the time/bandwidth checking internal email.

--
Dave Jones