OT: PGP

Paul Welsh paul.welsh.3 at googlemail.com
Mon Nov 30 23:04:41 GMT 2009

Hi all

Apologies that this is somewhat off-topic but could anyone recommend a
PGP solution for commercial use, ie, not a "free for personal use
only" application?

A supplier will be sending PGP encrypted email to a single address in
our company.  It may be that a handful of users rather than just one
will need to read it.  I don't envisage the volumes to be high.  I
don't think my users will need to send PGP encrypted mail.

The users are running Windows XP and Outlook 2003 connected to an
Exchange server with MailScanner feeding it so a product with plugins
for Outlook would be handy.

I found a few solutions today:

PGP Desktop Email -
http://www.pgp.com/products/desktop_email/index.html £149 per user.  I
see the trial version becomes free for personal use only after 30
days.  Haven't tried it yet.  Would have tried it first but for the
fact that I couldn't find the link for the trial version.

GPG4Win - http://www.gpg4win.org/ - free but I tried it today and it
did seem a bit awkward to use for your average user.

cGeep - http://www.cgeep.com/ - €70.  Started to try it.

Are any of these the obvious choice?  Is there a product you'd
recommend that I haven't found?

Thanks for any pointers you can give me.

Paul