virus scan not available -> no virus check!

Frank Cusack fcusack at fcusack.com
Tue Nov 24 01:55:36 GMT 2009

I can't believe this is the default behavior.  Also, I can't find a
way to change it.

> Nov 23 18:09:05 localhost MailScanner[26984]: Virus and Content Scanning:
Starting
> Nov 23 18:09:05 localhost MailScanner[26997]: Cannot find Socket
(/tmp/clamd.socket) Exiting!

and then mailscanner goes on to bless the email as "clean".  Note that
I do not have virus scanning set to "auto", I have it explicitly set
to "clamd".

My preferred behavior would be to send an email to postmaster (or
whoever) at some regular interval if the virus scanner is not available.
Anyway to get some semblance of that configured?

-frank