MailScanner Looping?

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Fri Nov 13 08:45:08 GMT 2009

2009/11/13 Edward Dekkers <edward at tdcs.com.au>:

> [...]
:-)

> I've re-enabled mailscanner now and it seems so be doing it's thing
> (although with all my messing around re-installing etc. I get an insecure
> warning about the "file -T" command - problem for later).
>
> I'll keep an eye on it and get back to you if it does it again. It IS
> processing mail correctly at the moment, which may mean it's not a perl
> update, however, this has never happened before so it would seem it COULD be
> a perl update problem as well.
>
> As for mailscanner --lint and mailscanner --debug, I'm assuming I just run
> them when the problem arises? Do I need to stop (/etc/init.d/mailscanner
> stop) mailscanner first or one has nothing to do with the other?

The lint can be done with MailScanner live, but the debug is better
run with the system "quiscent"... That way you have better control and
can inspect the queue files in the "incoming" (PF "out";-)
directory... If any. The debug will take one batch from hold, so if
one want to check one message at a time... ;-)

> Regards,
> Ed.

Cheers
--