OT: Snertsoft roundhouse on Solaris 8

Gary Pentland gary at sgluk.com
Mon Nov 9 17:28:05 GMT 2009

# truss -wall -rall -leaf /opt/local/snertsoft/bin.....

Would be the debugging option if you like strace and similar

If I read this right, roundhouse works reliably on port 26, normal mta on 25....

Swap the ports around and it doesn't work...  Is that correct?

If that is the case I'd guess then that there is a config issue in swapping the ports around, does roundhouse run on 25 with no MTA running?  Obviously difficult to try if this is your real server but I suspect something is holding port 25 open and that is preventing roundhouse from starting.

I assume that you are starting the MTA on 26 first, then roundhouse?  Try the other way around, start roundhouse first then the MTA... or simply start the MTA and then the old # netstat -an | grep LISTEN or similar to check 25 is available for roundhouse.

I do suspect this will turn out to be something silly/obvious....

Gary