SOLVED in 7.2: Perl problems on FreeBSD (again)

Johan Hendriks Johan at double-l.nl
Mon Nov 9 08:13:01 GMT 2009

>So I've upgraded to 7.2 to see if that makes a difference and followed
>this upgrade procedure. Still I'm getting this recurring Perl problem
>whereby custom functions could not be required :(

That is a me too also.
Also on a fresh install I have these problems.

Could it be something in the config file.
Do we (the not working configs) have options set that the working ones
do not have or visa versa.

regards,
Johan Hendriks

Jose Amengual M wrote:
>> Hi Guys.
>>
>> I saw some emails about perl 5.10.1 giving errors when running
>> mailscanner, I had the same problem and I follow the instructions
>> below but it din't work for me, but finally after 2 days of work I
>> found the solution!!!.
>>
>> This is working 7.2 should work on 8.0.
>>
>> if you have already mailscanner installed don't worry, portupgrade
can
>> do all the job for you :).
>>
>> 1.- Remove old perl version :
>> pkg_info|grep perl ( copy the exact name of you perl version like
>> perl5.10.1 )
>> pkg_delete -f perl5.10.1
>>
>> 2.- Install old perl.
>> pkg_add -r

ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/amd64/packages-7.2-release/lang/
perl-5.10.0_2.tbz