VMware image?

Lance Haig lhaig at haigmail.com
Sat Nov 7 23:26:39 GMT 2009

Sorry I have been busy with family stuff,

So my answers are inline

Mark Gregory wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I’m having a good morning. I have ESVA installed on my ESX3.x box and it
> is working and configured.

Well done !!!

As long as you followed the instructions on how to configure the the vm
you should be ok. They have great forums on the domination site that
will help if you get stuck.

> I would now like to know how to configure my exchange server to use this
> gateway or does it not matter for outgoing mail from the exchange server?
>

> So what I mean is I think my next steps are:
>
> 1.       Tell my firewall to send email to the mailscanner server

I would test it with a test domain first just to make sure everything is ok.

> 2.       Tell my exchange server to send outgoing mail to the
> mailscanner server or is that not necessary?

You can do that and it helps the system to learn your HAM which will
make it more effective.

> Do I really need to setup a user for each domain on mailwatch? This
> could take some time.
>
> Can one user manage all domains through mailwatch? The admin account?

Yes one user can manage all the domains on the system. The main admin
user will be able to do this from the start.

> Also in mailwatch the username should be something like
> admin at mydomain.com <mailto:admin at mydomain.com>? There is no entry for a
> mail address so I’m assuming that each user should have a username that
> is their email address. I would appreciate help on this because I’m
> assuming I need to set the admin username to a real email address for
> reports and so on.

You should just be able to use one user if you are the only admin.

If there are more than one and you want to give them their own logins
then you have to create the accounts.

The system should behave like any other MailScanner install it has just
been made easier by creating a a virtual machine.

Hope this helps

Lance

> Regards
>
> Mark