Problem with SQLite detection

Kai Schaetzl maillists at conactive.com
Sat May 30 12:52:51 IST 2009

Julian Field wrote on Fri, 29 May 2009 12:12:06 +0100:

> I have released 4.77.7 which includes the improvements I have mentioned
> above, which you may want to try it to see if you think it is good
> enough or needs further work.

Can confirm that all works fine in this release. I wasn't able to test the
error messages and --lint behavior yet.
Thanks for the ::VERSION info. Hadn't been working with Perl for quite
some time and had completely forgotten that I have to reference the Module
like $Module after the require. Took a while to realize that before I got
usable output.
Just had time to test this on a copied VM. Newer versions of DBD::SQLite
need a DBI version of at least 1.57. The rpmforge package *does* include
this requirement. However, CentOS includes DBI 1.52 and doesn't provide
newer versions. As a good administrator I'm using yum priorities and thus
the software is locked at the CentOS version. I would think that yum
should not have upgraded perl-DBD-SQLite if it cannot fulfill the
requirement of perl-DBI >= 1.57. I will follow this up on the CentOS list
whether it has to be reported as a bug.
So, for anyone using rpmforge modules on CentOS/RHEL instead of your
packages:
- either exclude perl-DBD-SQLite in the rpmforge repo
 (MailScanner works fine with 1.14)
- or exclude perl-DBI* from the CentOS base and updates repos
 (this will update to DBI 1.607 plus two dependencies, works fine)

(Btw, this was the first time in years there occurred a problem with using
only the rpmforge perl modules).

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany