Whitelisting rule query

Julian Field MailScanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Wed May 27 13:57:25 IST 2009

On 27/05/2009 12:26, shyam hirurkar wrote:
> Hi Jules,
>
> I was not meant in that way , sincere apology for the use of the short
> words.
No problem.

> Thanks a lot for the same. i have one more doubt i want rule in
> highscore spam action can i use like this
>
> From: domain.com <http://domain.com> forward user at domain.com
> <mailto:user at domain.com> store
Correct.
> OR is it
>
> From:domain.com <http://domain.com> forward user at domain.com
> <mailto:user at domain.com> and store
Wrong.

The "and" is only used to separate two conditions in a ruleset line. The
result of the ruleset is everything that appears after the last
condition, which in this case should be "forward user at domain.com store".

> Is really and required.
>
> basically i want to forward the high score spam to one email id and
> also store in quarantine.
Yes, that sounds fine.

> [...]
>            away you go.
>

>                Regards
>
>                Stef
>                --
>                Stefan Morrell          | Operations Director
>                Tel: 0845 3452820       | Alpha Omega Computers Ltd
>                Fax: 0845 3452830       | Incorporating Level 5 Internet
>         stef at aoc-uk.com <mailto:stef at aoc-uk.com>
>         <mailto:stef at aoc-uk.com <mailto:stef at aoc-uk.com>>         |
>         stef at l5net.net <mailto:stef at l5net.net> <mailto:stef at l5net.net
>         <mailto:stef at l5net.net>>
>

>            Jules
>
>            --    Julian Field MEng CITP CEng
>         www.MailScanner.info <http://www.MailScanner.info>
>         <http://www.MailScanner.info>
>
>            Buy the MailScanner book at www.MailScanner.info/store
>         <http://www.MailScanner.info/store>
>         <http://www.MailScanner.info/store>
>

>            Need help customising MailScanner?
>            Contact me!
>            Need help fixing or optimising your systems?
>            Contact me!
>            Need help getting you started solving new requirements from
>         your boss?
>            Contact me!
>
>            PGP footprint: EE81 D763 3DB0 0BFD E1DC 7222 11F6 5947 1415
>         B654
>            Follow me at twitter.com/JulesFM
>         <http://twitter.com/JulesFM> <http://twitter.com/JulesFM> and
>         twitter.com/MailScanner <http://twitter.com/MailScanner>
>         <http://twitter.com/MailScanner>
>

>            --    This message has been scanned for viruses and
>            dangerous content by MailScanner, and is
>            believed to be clean.
>

>            --    MailScanner mailing list
>         mailscanner at lists.mailscanner.info
>         <mailto:mailscanner at lists.mailscanner.info>
>         <mailto:mailscanner at lists.mailscanner.info
>         <mailto:mailscanner at lists.mailscanner.info>>

>            Before posting, read http://wiki.mailscanner.info/posting
>
>            Support MailScanner development - buy the book off the website!
>

>     Jules
>
>     --
>     Julian Field MEng CITP CEng
>     www.MailScanner.info <http://www.MailScanner.info>
>     Buy the MailScanner book at www.MailScanner.info/store
>     <http://www.MailScanner.info/store>
>
>     Need help customising MailScanner?
>     Contact me!
>     Need help fixing or optimising your systems?
>     Contact me!
>     Need help getting you started solving new requirements from your boss?
>     Contact me!
>
>     PGP footprint: EE81 D763 3DB0 0BFD E1DC 7222 11F6 5947 1415 B654
>     Follow me at twitter.com/JulesFM <http://twitter.com/JulesFM> and
>     twitter.com/MailScanner <http://twitter.com/MailScanner>
>

>     --
>     This message has been scanned for viruses and
>     dangerous content by MailScanner, and is
>     believed to be clean.
>
>     --
>
>     Before posting, read http://wiki.mailscanner.info/posting
>
>     Support MailScanner development - buy the book off the website!

Follow me at twitter.com/JulesFM and twitter.com/MailScanner

believed to be clean.