Robert Lopez rlopezcnm at gmail.com
Tue May 26 16:42:39 IST 2009

On Tue, May 26, 2009 at 2:54 AM, Julian Field
<MailScanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk> wrote:

> On 25/05/2009 22:19, Glenn Steen wrote:
>>
>> 2009/5/22 Robert Lopez<rlopezcnm at gmail.com>:
>>

>>> I would like to try out mailscanner on Debian Lenny.
>>> My senior administrator does not want to try mailscanner on Debian unless
>>> it
>>> is using postfix instead of exim4.
>>>
>>> This brings up something I do not know how to do:
>>> I access MailScanner discussion list via Gmail to read the current email.
>>> I can use google to find discussions archived at
>>> http://lists.mailscanner.info/...
>>> It I go directly to http://lists.mailscanner.info/... and sort the lists
>>> But I can not figure out how to search there for discussion on my current
>>> project.
>>>
>>> Is there a direct way to search the email archives?
>>>

>> 1) Use gmane to do your list serching.
>> 2) DON'T use that debian package provided... 4.55.10 is severely out
>> of date. It will likely end you in trouble. You can't fight bleeding
>> edge SPAM/malware with trailing edge versions;).
>>

> For starters it won't work with the latest version of ClamAV, unless they
> have been back-porting changes again.
>
> Jules
>
> --
> Julian Field MEng CITP CEng
> www.MailScanner.info
>
> Need help customising MailScanner?
> Contact me!
> Need help fixing or optimising your systems?
> Contact me!
> Need help getting you started solving new requirements from your boss?
> Contact me!

> Follow me at twitter.com/JulesFM and twitter.com/MailScanner

> believed to be clean.

Glenn: Thank you I was not aware of gmane.

Julian: "For starters it won't work with the latest version of ClamAV, ..."
I am assuming the "it" you refer to is the debian package 4.55.10. correct?
How far back must I go with ClamAV? It looks like the current is
0.95.1, would I go back to 0.95.0 or earlier?

--
Robert Lopez
Unix Systems Administrator