Mail delay at MailScanner

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Wed May 20 16:25:18 IST 2009

shyam hirurkar wrote:

>Between the actual time and and the re-queue time there are lot mails
>delivered, Sorry I can not take the log as it is huge or give me some time i
>will paste.

If all these mails are similarly delayed, it sounds like some kind of
backlog.

>mailq was 60.

However, only 60 messages in the queue should clear quickly unless you
are being bombarded continuously with mail and MailScanner doesn't
process FIFO (I don't know if it does or not.

Careful analysis of the maillog should tell you what's happening.