Possible config option to skip filename/filettype checks for the message body?

PSI Mailbag mailbag at partnersolutions.ca
Wed May 20 05:07:26 IST 2009

Hey Jules + List,

 What do you guys/gals think about a config option to bypass the
filename/filetype checks on the message body? Very frequently, I get
messages being blocked because "file" (and even when used in the mime
only option) detects regular chatter as being a file that shouldn't be
sent:

[root at psimf001 0114C74652C.B6E83]# file -i msg-27860-603.txt
msg-27860-603.txt: video/quicktime
[root at psimf001 0114C74652C.B6E83]# head -1 msg-27860-603.txt
Re: skipping ropes - would you want singles or the extra long ones for

 Is it feasible to find a way to bypass the checks on the extracted
message body content? I've stripped down my magic file of a lot of the
more common FP's, but lately I seem to be hitting new ones every other
week.

 In my mind I see a config option that would allow you to bypass the
"file" results from the content extracted from the message body
(msg-*.txt), while still allowing it to properly run against regular
attachments.

 Thoughts?

 Cheers,
-Joshua