Issue with "Add Text Of Doc" feature

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri May 15 15:20:53 IST 2009

On Fri, May 15, 2009 at 10:25:04AM +0100, Julian Field wrote:

> On 14/05/2009 17:41, Mark Sapiro wrote:
> >Mark Sapiro wrote:
> >

> >>I have been experimenting with the "Add Text Of Doc" feature. The issue
> >>I have come across is the output of antiword is in my case UTF-8
> >>encoded (in the absense of a specific mapping provided to antiword,
> >>it's locale dependent), but the plain text attachment added by
> >>MailScanner doesn't specify a charset in its Content-Type.
> >>
> I currently set it to a text/plain with 8bit encoding. What options do
> you want me to provide that would solve your problem?

I want the Content-Type: to include a charset= parameter.

The output of antiword is in the charset of the system locale. Ideally
you would use that as the value of the charset= parameter. Barring that,
you could add a config setting

Add Text Of Doc Charset = utf-8

Note that it would be fine with me if you just hard coded charset=utf-8,
but that wouldn't work for everyone.

--
Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro net       The highway is for gamblers,