Using --debug and --debug-sa with Postfix

Steve Barnes pumzika at gmail.com
Wed May 13 15:02:31 IST 2009

Hi

I'm trying to understand how to use --debug and --debug-sa with
Postfix as the MTA to observe the processing of a single message.

Having stoppped all MailScanner processes, I run:

/opt/MailScanner/bin/MailScanner --debug --debug-sa

I get lots of debug output on screen, with no discernable errors,
which eventually stops at:

"Building a message batch to scan..."

Now at this point, I thought I could get away with doing:

cp -p /var/spool/MailScanner/quarantine/20090512/spam/A8B5F1168A.A78ED
/var/spool/postfix/hold

And MS would come back to life and begin processing the message, but
it doesn't. It just remains sat at "Building a message batch to
scan..."

MS runs as user Postfix, and the permissions on the file before and
after cp are:

-rw-rw----  1 postfix  mail

What am I missing here? Does "Quarantine Whole Messages As Queue
Files" have any bearing on what I'm trying to do?

Thank you

Steve

PS, I'm using:

MS 4.76.24,