"Problem Messages" - what's happening?

David Lee t.d.lee at durham.ac.uk
Mon May 11 12:09:07 IST 2009

On Mon, 11 May 2009, Paul Hutchings wrote:

> Thanks, I think that's gone to you now - I'm still receiving the
> "Problem Messages" reminder/summary despite having deleted them - how do
> I stop this?

Paul:

1. If you do have a couple of samples that you could send direct to Julian
(not to the list) as he describes, that would be useful.  I don't now have
any to hand.  (I'm re-setting things in the hopes of catching a few more.)

2. For the continued notifications you probably need to try something like
the following:
    Stop MailScanner;
    Check all MS processes have stopped;
    Rename or remove the "Processing Attempts Database";
    Start MailScanner.

Hope that helps.

:  Senior Systems Programmer                Computer Centre       :
:  UNIX Team Leader                         Durham University     :
:                                           South Road            :
:  http://www.dur.ac.uk/t.d.lee/            Durham DH1 3LE        :