Tiny image only spam [OT]

Eli Wapniarski eli at orbsky.homelinux.org
Sun May 10 20:57:39 IST 2009

On Sunday 10 May 2009 19:37:42 Alessandro Bianchi wrote:
> In the last days I'm getting a lot of image only spam.
>
> It contains no links and no text at all
>
> The size of the image is different every time, and it advertizes
> pharmacy inviting users to visit funny sites with always different names
> like www.8654.org and similar.
>
> I've palayed around spamassassin rules with some luck (somettimes I
> catch sometimes I don't).
>
> Has anyone else seen something similar?
>
> Any ideas about how to stop it?

Unless somebody know how to block mail based on subject lines in Mailscanner, the only thing that I can suggest is to install a milter like milter-regex and start creating simple filters based on the subject.

Hopefully your distro will have milter-regex available however if not it can be found at:

http://www.benzedrine.cx/milter-regex.html

Cheers.

Eli

believed to be clean.