MailScanner on Fedora SIG (Special Interest Group)

Anthony Cartmell ajcartmell at fonant.com
Thu May 7 08:58:57 IST 2009

> So. Again my question. How large is the Fedora + MS userbase.

Probably not as large as it could be?

> Is it worth to create a SIG within Fedora for the same?

If MailScanner could be added to Fedora's repositories then I'm sure that
a lot of people would be pleased.

I think the main problem will be in finding manpower to keep up with the
very-frequent MailScanner releases, updating and testing the Fedora
packages each time. I suspect that using the MailScanner rpm tar files,
with some fiddles if needed, is likely to be the easiest way to keep going
unless we can get a lot of people to help.

> Some people already said, that they are willing to help - I guess you're
> not a Fedora packager yet? Do you have a RH bugzilla account?

Nope, I'm mainly a web developer, with very limited knowledge of the
details of packaging things.

> Send me/us your +1 if you're interested in such a SIG, so we know (at
> least a part of) the userbase.

I might be interested, but have many other jobs to do.

Anthony
--
www.fonant.com - Quality web sites