MailScanner slowwing down

Ken A ka at pacific.net
Fri May 1 15:48:27 IST 2009

Mail Admin wrote:
> I've managed to reduce the load (fingers crossed), I cant get smf-sav to
> compile on my box yet, but still looking into it.
>
> I firewalled some brazil IP Ranges which took a good load off too.
>
> Seen some bogus recipient addresses that are really targeted to and rejected
> them in my access database.
>
> I'm going to try my utmost to get smf-sav working  - would love a sample of
> someones conf file where they have multiple domains multiple exchange
> servers for recipient verification

I don't think smf-sav currently has that ability. You can only define 1
mailstore in the config.

milter-ahead handles this correctly, of course, by asking sendmail where
the mail for the domain would go, then using that host to test the
recipient.  http://www.snertsoft.com/sendmail/milter-ahead/

Ken

--
Ken Anderson