Julian Field MailScanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Fri Mar 27 01:14:37 GMT 2009

On 3/27/09 12:24 AM, vg_us at hotmail.com wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I have a problem delivering to one of the sites: mail gets rejected
> because "Not scanned: please contact your Internet E-Mail Service
> Provider for details" added to Received: header is not RFC compliant
> (according to that site's postmaster).
Something's wrong in that case, MailScanner should never touch any
go in the X-MailScanner: header where it is legit.
> When I disable Mark Unscanned Messages and set "Unscanned Header Value
> =", mailscanner still inserts a "," after original header and my mail
> is rejected again.
> Is there any way to make sure mailscanner doesn't touch Received:
> header at all?
Please try it with a default MailScanner.conf and see if it still does
it. It shouldn't, and I don't believe it does on other people's systems.

> I'm running version mailscanner-4.65.3-1 from rpm on centos5
That's about a year old, but I haven't made changes to that code in a
very long time (that I can remember, anyway).

Jules

--
Julian Field MEng CITP CEng

Contact me at Jules at Jules.FM