OT: Outsourced services

shuttlebox shuttlebox at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 22:26:14 GMT 2009

On Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 3:36 AM, DAve <dave.list at pixelhammer.com> wrote:
> Looking at the amount of spam that comes from Google owned services I would
> say they could claim greatly improved spam/virus catching just by blocking
> their own traffic.

As a user of Gmail I'll have to say they do a very good job of
cleaning out spam for me, no more than one error a month at most.
Yahoo, on the other hand, is hopeless. Not only do they let in 5-10
spam every day no matter how much I report it, they also cliassify 1-2
ham as spam every day which is much worse!

So as a professional customer I would trust Google's spam filtering
capacity, what they do with my mail is another issue of course but
that question is relevant to all companies not filtering their own
mail. I do filtering for other companies and it's quite surprising who
"needs" their own on-site servers and who is ok to share off-site
servers with anyone.

--
/peter