Out of office auto-reply advice

Kai Schaetzl maillists at conactive.com
Mon Mar 23 13:31:16 GMT 2009

Stef Morrell wrote on Fri, 20 Mar 2009 15:55:01 -0000:

> Most lists (MailScanner is an exception) show the sender address as the
> original sender, so I need a rule which works on TO and not FROM.

Generic advice: You have to set up two email addresses or two users. One
of them is used for mailing list subscriptions and the other is used for
OoO replies. Do not *ever* subscribe with an email address to a mailing
list that you may use some day for auto-replies.

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany