Out of office auto-reply advice

Christopher Sweeney ChrisSweeney at osubucks.org
Fri Mar 20 16:09:37 GMT 2009

> Do the opposite of this in exchange :)

I see where you're coming from, but it won't work.

>       Note After you do this, the e-mail messages that are
> sent from users in the Internet domain that were configured
> in step 3 receive an Out of Office response from the users in

Most lists (MailScanner is an exception) show the sender address as the
original sender, so I need a rule which works on TO and not FROM.

What does that have to do with it?  If you are using Exchange and
Outlook your Out of Office reply is sent from Exchange not Outlook
itself.  So if you tell exchange to not send a reply to a SMTP receipent
then it will not be sent out to the internet.

Chris

Virus Database (VPS): 090319-0, 03/19/2009
Tested on: 3/20/2009 12:09:37 PM

believed to be clean.