OT: Out of office auto-reply advice

Michael H. Warfield mhw at WittsEnd.com
Fri Mar 20 16:02:04 GMT 2009

On Fri, 2009-03-20 at 15:31 +0000, Stef Morrell wrote:
> Guys,

> Does anyone have the first clue how I can set up my stupid outlook 2003
> (via exchange) to do out of office, whilst excluding this and similar
> lists from being pestered with them?

> I've tried putting a rule in where email NOT:TO <some addresses> is
> replied, however outlook chokes and says that's too complicated a rule!

	Not sure how to set the LookOut rule for it but the number one rule is
to NEVER autoreply to a message with "Precedence: bulk" or "Precedence:
list".  I believe at one time, Exchange had an internal rule that would
even reply to a "Precedence: bulk" but lacked the rule for "Precedence:
list".  Most list servers set the priority to "list" and had problems.
On some mailman lists I run, I changed the code to default to "bulk"
instead.  That cut way down on the ooo messages.

> Cheers

> Stef

	Mike